Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2012

A little update (gosh you must think she's so pathetic)

I try and use this blog as a platform to practise creative writing, to force my interests upon the reader and to quite frankly keep a log of moments and stories I find quite nice.

Lately, which really means over the last year, I've got worse at committing to my blog. I work full time and in front of a screen all day. You would think this is a marvellous opportunity to write and make my own pieces of magic- wrong. It's actually the time I dread to write because I find it SO hard to concentrate and I'm pretty paranoid about doing 'personal' things here (though allowed), whilst really I feel I should be developing new ideas for work. I HAVE to get the balance, straight...!

Whether it's because I read all day and think all day that by the time I come home I'm so tired, the last thing I want to do is write about anything (and in turn I run), I know deep down I'm really not helping myself or anyone who chooses to read this blog by producing nothing.

I suppose this piece is a honest confession. I suppose I don't really want to admit why I don't write. I suppose I'm just going to give it a try, regardless of the topic and fear of judgement and wondering whether I'm revealing too much on the page. I have to write and at least make that promise to myself.

If anything you could find my mad rambles entertaining.

Please wish me luck, I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment