Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

Too busy playing it cool

and I've never got anything from it either. Here's a pro example when holding back and reading into things too much can spank you, perhaps in a bad way.

'Another funny thing was, since we both really liked each other, we were searching for signs during the date that the other person was (or wasn't) into it. I got nervous when Alex offered me a bite of his steak, but then placed the piece of steak directly onto my plate; did he not want me to eat off his fork? And he later admitted that he thought the date was shot when I didn't lean on his armrest at the movie, but instead leaned toward the other side. So funny how nervous people can be when first dating!... 
Then Alex walked me home, and, although I was usually a pretty slow mover (I'm a Michigan girl!), we kissed outside my apartment. The funny part? We were on Bleecker Street, so even late at night, crowds of people were passing by. Three drunk guys passed us and yelled, "Look at the lovers!" Romantic. :)'
Thankfully the goodnight kiss made it clear they were both interested! If either person had read too much into the lack of fork share or leaning on the other chair arm- who knows what the result could have been.

If you're always playing a game, how can you ever win? The game will always be constant, is there no end to your self battle?


A cup of Jo, this lady is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment