Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Telephone

One evening this week my Nana and I were checking over the stitching on a new pair of trousers I'd bought. We noticed a thread had come out on the crotch. In the lounge, my Nana sat in her solo chair and whilst facing her I perched on the footstool, sitting aside her calves. We were nattering away as I struggled to poke the thread through the new loop hole I'd made, using a crochet hook as the trousers balanced on her lap. Suddenly the phone began to ring.

"oohhh ooo, oh noo!".

I think Nana was worried I'd miss the loop if she got up.

"Where is it, where's the phone, oh it's behind you on the table, OH BIFF!"

I twisted lurched for the handheld phone and placed it in her hands, grinning.

"He, he, hello..!?" Nana said down the phone, whilst trying not to giggle.

"ahehehe... BIFF!? Nana!?... that's something I would say!"

No comments:

Post a Comment