Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Cardiff 10k 9.9.12

You put the foot down and the acceleration takes off. You start rolling down a hill. The first flip on a roller coaster. A first kiss. Hours of hunger, and soon salivating over the smooth dance down your throat.

The floor becomes silk and pounding footsteps ripple over your body like a pleasure earthquake. Sweat drips flirt with your eyes whilst smokey lungs flick the phlegm out. Determined hands scrunch into fists of determination. Ground teeth and frowning eyebrows, a hill becomes easy as streams are to walk through.

I hit the last 1k and peak the corner of Cardiff's Bute park. Spits of rain hit my face with intention for me to look up. A lump gains suddenly in my throat as if my breath was meant to linger. I've come to realisation.

Mind over matter, it always is. You wouldn't run unless your mind said you could.

56 mins 58 seconds. I am pleased with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment