Pages

Thursday 27 December 2012

Daily Mail - Stephen Elliot

'Have you ever heard a tree fall in the forest? When you make something and no one responds it’s the silence that mimics the scream. In a perfect world you can separate the art from the audience. In a certain relationship you have an audience of one and that’s more than enough. But in truth...

Well, it’s true when I say I write to find out how I feel about things. I write to explore. I create from play, or to untangle a series of knots that have formed a rope that is choking me to death. In other words, it’s possible to know and not know something at the same time. To know someone loves you and to not believe they love you. And it’s also true that art needs audience the way the ocean needs waves.'

No comments:

Post a Comment