Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Saturday morning

It means one thing. BREAKFAST!

Kettle on, I whiff the new bag of origin coffee that arrived in the post this week. I'm feeling something cheeky, the last rock cake stares at me from the cupboard.

I always wake up on a Saturday morning thinking, 'oh my god what day is it, what time is it, am I late?!'. I work shifts and if on the early one, there are publishing deadlines where a late bus commute could not be forgiven. Thankfully I check the time and it's 7:50am, quite an achievement to wake up this time on Saturday. Usually, if during the week I've been waking up at 5am, I wake up at 6am on the first day off.

Excited about the opportunities that will come from this day, my coffee is brewing nicely, I'm wrapped up in my usual morning style of sweats tucked into fleecy socks and hair tied high on my head into a pineapple. The sofa is calling and I crawl under the velvet throw. Finishing of the documentary I started last night (and began to 'watch' with my eyes closed-post 10k run tired!) already I've learned how cornflakes were made and discovered, and have squealed in delight that 'if we spend 3 hours over dinner, why not spend 3 hours over breakfast'. I believe that HAS to be the perfect quote of the day :)

What have you had for breakfast?

Enjoy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment